SCRAP Bin is a center for donated materials that are redistributed for creative reuse. Donated materials range from recyclables to educational materials to fine art supplies. We also host arts and crafts workshops, special events and birthday parties.
SCRAP Bin is dedicated to encouraging creative reuse of recycled materials.
We believe that sustainability and cooperation are critical values that reflect the fundamental requirements of a thriving community. These values reflect the way a community manages its resources and play a vital role in its environmental health and the well being of its citizens.
- To educate the community about the short and long term benefits of the three R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- To reduce landfill waste by encouraging environmental stewardship.
- To provide free or low cost materials to teachers, artists, students, and community members for creative reuse.
- To provide service learning opportunities for students and volunteers.
- To promote Carroll County as an arts friendly, environmentally conscious community.
The SCRAP Bin Board of Directors was formed in October 2009. The Board consists of a diverse group of citizens which includes professional and amateur artists, an art teacher, businesspersons, a public relations professional, educational administrators, university professors, parents, and community leaders who support both art and environmental interests.